Based in Yangon, ZigWay (www.zigway.co) is one of Myanmar’s leading social enterprise start-ups.
Our mission is to help low-income families break free of poverty traps. We have designed and built
software to help people access cheap and flexible loans when they need it.
We’re a small award-winning team of international and local staff, having won Visa’s 2019 Asia- Pacific Social Impact Award, ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Award’s 2018 Best Fintech Myanmar and Singapore Fintech Festival’s 2018 Best Fintech Myanmar.
We have great ambitions to make a positive difference to millions of families across Myanmar and
around the world. We value creative problem solvers who love learning in a fast-paced
Job Purpose: Lead the technology team in a fast-paced social enterprise
Role type: Full-Time
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Language: Fully proficient in English
Reports to: CEO
What we offer you:
- A role where you can make a meaningful impact to improve the lives of millions of people.
- A role that allows you to define your career destiny.
- A dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where your contribution is valued over your job title or years of experience.
- A competitive market salary.
- Opportunities to travel in Myanmar
What you will do:
Leadership & Strategy:
- Lead, recruit, train and retain a team of operations/sales staff to bring ZigWay’s vision to life.
- Mentor and motivate team members to ensure high engagement.
- Formulate and implement effective, long-term business strategy, together with ZigWay’s
Management and Operations teams.
- Coordinate day-to-day operational activities within the Operations team
- Liaise with other team members, customers and partners.
- Manage operational budgets and timeframes.
- Rapidly troubleshoot any hurdles faced.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and internal processes and procedures.
Customers and Partners:
- Visit clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Develop partnerships with outside organizations to scale up operations.
- Liaise with external parties such as local regulatory authorities.
- Devise and promote methods to achieve growth targets.
- Report on operational performance and seek opportunities for improvements.
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts.
- Develop and implement new processes, together with other ZigWay teams.
- Support the testing and implementation of new software amongst clients and staff.
Who you are:
- A leader by example and a mentor, who is passionate about serving low-income families.
- A customer-focused communicator and negotiator.
- A collaborative team player, who is open, honest, and willing to admit failure in order to learn.
- A well-organized do-er, who can wear many hats, and keeps track of priorities and progress.
- A high performer who sees opportunities to constantly improve and exceed expectations.
- A pro-active, problem solver with curiosity and optimism, where no obstacle is too large.
- A flexible self-starter who enjoys the rapid pace of working with a start-up.
- Proven experience as Head of Operations, Operations Director or similar for 4+ years.
- Prefer experience working with a microfinance institution.
- Fluent written and spoken Burmese and English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Preferably hold a Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Have a strong code of ethics based on integrity, trust, and respect for all forms of diversity.
How to apply:
- Send your cover letter explaining what interests you about the job and why you’re suited to the role, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.