Based in Yangon, ZigWay (www.zigway.co) is one of Myanmar’s leading social enterprise start-ups.
Our mission is to help low-income families break free of poverty traps.We have designed and built software to help people access cheap and flexible loans when they need it.
We’re a small award-winning team of international and local staff, having won Visa’s 2019 Asia-Pacific Social Impact Award, ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Award’s 2018 Best Fintech Myanmar and Singapore Fintech Festival’s 2018 Best Fintech Myanmar.
We have great ambitions to make a positive difference to millions of families across Myanmar and around the world. We value creative problem solvers who love learning in a fast-paced environment.
Job Purpose: Lead the technology team in a fast-paced social enterprise
Role type: Full-Time
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Language: Fully proficient in English
Reports to: CEO
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact to improve the lives of millions of people.
- The ability to define your career destiny, with the potential to grow into our CTO role.
- A dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where your contribution is valued
over your job title or years of experience.
- Be based in Myanmar for 6-12 months with the possibility of working remotely thereafter.
- A competitive market salary, including equity.
What you will do:
- Architect, design and maintain scalable, secure and robust products, including our mobile application and machine learning-based credit risk model.
- Lead the development of new products, through liaison with customers, staff, and partners.
- Innovate through curiosity and staying on top of global technology trends and financial regulations.
- Maintain a customer-focused outlook for a customer segment where digital literacy and technology adoption can be challenging.
- Rapidly troubleshoot any hurdles faced.
- Coordinate day-to-day operational activities within the Technology team and lead junior members in implementing the architecture.
- Manage technology budgets and timeframes.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and internal processes and procedures.
- Manage technology budgets and time frames.
- Constantly seek and implement process improvements.
Leadership & Strategy:
- Lead, recruit, train and retain a team of developers to bring ZigWay’s vision to life.
- Mentor and motivate team members to ensure high engagement.
- Formulate and implement effective, long-term product and technology strategies, together
with ZigWay’s Management and Technology teams.
Who you are:
- A leader by example and a mentor, who is passionate about serving low-income families.
- A highly skilled technologist with strong analytical skills and a love of coding.
- A true innovator who is relentless and resourceful in finding solutions.
- A strong communicator and collaborative team player, who is open and honest, and willing to admit failure in order to learn.
- A well-organized do-er, who can wear many hats, and keeps track of priorities and progress.
- A high performer who sees opportunities to constantly improve and exceed expectations.
- A pro-active, problem solver with curiosity and optimism, where no obstacle is too large.
- A flexible self-starter who enjoys the rapid pace of working with a start-up, and is able to
push forward in an uncertain environment or with incomplete information.
- Hands-on software development experience, preferably as a Full Stack Developer developer (4+ years)
- Experience working with machine learning / deep learning models.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Machine Learning or a similar field or demonstrate similar experience and capabilities.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Burmese an advantage.
- Have a strong code of ethics based on integrity, trust, and respect for all forms of diversity.
- Python, Django, Django Rest
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3)
- Docker, Ansible
- Git, GitLab
How to apply:
- Send your cover letter explaining what interests you about the job and why you’re suited for the role, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.